The following documents must be submitted whatever the purpose of the visit:
  • passport
  • Two 45mm x 45mm passport-type photos taken within the previous six months (stateless persons must submit three photos)
  • Two official visa application forms, available at the embassy or consulate documents certifying the purpose of the visit (see the accompanying table)
  • A copy of a certificate of admission from the educational institution where the person concerned intends to study.
  • Documents certifying that the person concerned can defray all expenses incurred during the stay in Japan.
The period required from the visa application to the issuance of the visa is approximately 5 working days. Note: In the case of applications that require inquiries to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (for example, applications for work or study visas that are not accompanied by a Certificate of Eligibility), it usually takes two to three months or even longer, so in such cases please allow plenty of leeway
Visa fees vary depending on nationality. Check with the nearest Consulate for further information
Depending on Nationality, students usually receive a 1 year visa. This is usually determined by the course duration. Extension for student visas is usually possible. Temporary Visitor visas for tourism purposes are normally valid for a stay of up to 3 months (extensions for another 3 months granted at the discretion of Immigration Department in Japan), and Employment/Working visas (including intra-company transfer visas) for a period of up to 3 years. Multiple-entry visas can be issued to business travelers, etc. The period of validity of these visas is from 1 to 5 years, and these visas can be used on any number of occasions during their period of validity. Double-entry visa for transit is valid up to 4 months
Any foreigner wishing to enter or land in Japan must possess a valid passport and a student visa obtained from an embassy or consulate. A student visa cannot be acquired after arriving in Japan. It is not permitted to work in Japan under a student visa. Nationals who are permitted to stay for 6 months will initially be granted a stay of up to 3 months and may then apply, while in Japan, to the local Immigration Department for an extension of a further 3 months. Such extensions are at the discretion of the immigration authorities in Japan and may not be granted.

Colleges & Universities

Welcome To Nextgen Global
Nextgen Global Summit Educational Consultancy

Corporate office:
Putali Sadak, Kathmandu, T: 014423103

Branch Office:
Damak, Jhapa, T: 023 586007/ 582009

Member and Certified By: